A healthy legacy
The YMCA of the Okobojis’s goal for the future is to assure all resources are used in the most efficient way to support our communities and our mission.
These projects and initiatives to improve the infrastructure of our association are paramount to our continued success in supporting the families of the Iowa Great Lakes and Camp Foster community.
Our desire is to be a fully sustainable organization. Our vision for a healthy financial future is to become debt free and work to grow our endowment. With no debt and an endowment for organizational support, the YMCA of the Okobojis will be able to reinvest in our organization though facility updates, programs and staffing expansions to meet the needs of our evolving communities.
YMCA of the Okobojis Receives NAYDO Eagle Award for Excellence in Fundraising
NAYDO recognizes YMCA associations that are integrating philanthropy into all aspects of YMCA work. The Eagle Award for Excellence in Fundraising is presented annually to YMCA Associations that have demonstrated outstanding achievement in YMCA philanthropy. Because there are budget size categories, more than one Y can win each year. The YMCA of the Okobojis was tasked with creating a video to be shown at the acceptance of this award (above). Click the play button to to hear testimony from our dedicated volunteers.
Overall Campaign Status: 95% funded
Amount left to raise: $551,444
Phase 2 fundraising is in progress!
Phase 2 includes Camp Foster Visitors Center and remaining endowment growth goal.
Camp Foster’s Visitors Center will:
• Serve as the first point of welcome at Camp Foster
• Enhance security and eliminate unnecessary traffic on camp grounds
• Allow renovation of the existing Camp Office into Camp’s Health Lodge, which will improve accessibility and care
• Create extra cabin space so camp can serve more kids
Phase 1 Status: Complete!
Phase 1 Includes:
- Bedell Family YMCA Aquatics Center renovations (Complete)
- Camp Foster Dining Hall expansion (Complete)
- Camp Foster Airnasium construction (Complete)
- Retirement of long-term organizational debt
- Facilitation of partial designated endowment growth (Complete)
Project Visuals can be viewed below by clicking the icons
Check out the Camp Foster construction progress photo slideshow or video update.
Take a tour of the new spaces at Camp Foster! Specify the day and time of your visit by filling out the form below.
Eliminating organizational debt and growing our endowment funds will allow us to reinvest over $250,000 annually, providing better services to members and campers and ensuring we’re able to keep up with the needs of our community.
Funds currently utilized for debt service can be:
- Redirected to expand programs & enhance facilities
- Used to provide the best possible experience for children and families at an affordable price
Thank you to these leaders for their commitment to the Igniting a healthy legacy campaign. WANT TO HELP? please fill out THE VOLUNTEER FORM BY CLICKING THE BUTTON BELOW.
Dr. Walter Mendenhall
Dr. Jeff Goerss
Dr. Craig Cunningham
John Adams Jr.
Dr. Chris Rierson
Mike Vander Pol
Brittany Vander Pol
Mary Kay Bates